The weather is steadily cooling off and it's a great time to get your home prepared for the colder weather ahead. We still have some wonderful, sunny fall days to make minor repairs inside and outside our homes which can help reduce heating costs and keep our homes in great shape for next spring.
Below are some tips for how to winterize your home before the snow falls this season. This information is an excerpt from Popular Mechanics. For the full article please click here.
- Change your furnace filters
- Run your ceiling fans in reverse
- Winterize your A/C and water lines
- Turn down your water heater
- Block any drafts on doors and windows
- Set your thermostat to a lower temperature while you're away from home
For more tips read this great article online.